Enrolling in Our Program
Steps for Program Enrollment
1. Pre-surgery Educational Seminar
• Before enrolling in our surgical weight loss program, you will be required to partake in a free pre-surgery educational weight loss seminar with one of our physicians or to complete an online webinar. The seminar will provide you with the essential information needed to make an informed decision regarding bariatric surgery. You are welcome and encouraged to bring a family member or friend along for support throughout weight loss journey here at AtlantiCare.
To register for one of our free informational seminars held several times each month, please call the AtlantiCare Access Center 1-888-569-1000.
2. Online Pre-Surgery Educational Seminar
• After viewing the online webinar, click on the provided link to contact the Bariatric Coordinator. Please enter your full name, phone number, and email address. Someone will contact you in the near future or you may call the office directly to schedule an appointment with the surgeon of your choice at (609) 407-2332.
To learn more about our surgeons and their qualifications, click here.
3. One-on-One Consultation with Surgeon
After you have either attended a live seminar or viewed the webinar, you can contact the surgeon’s offices to schedule an initial, one-on-one consultation. At that office visit, the surgeon will:
- Get your complete medical history;
- Conduct a physical exam; and
- Discuss your options with you; and
- Encourage you to ask questions
Important information about scheduled appointments
Please fill out the following paperwork and bring it with you to your visit.
If your insurance requires a referral, please make sure you have one and bring it with you to your office visit.
4. Pre-operative Tests
Your surgeon will determine which preoperative tests and evaluations you need, based on your age, gender, medical condition and the type of surgical weight loss procedure you are undergoing. These evaluations might involve a gastroenterologist, cardiologist, pulmonologist, gynecologist or other specialists.
In addition, you must be evaluated and cleared for surgery by your primary care provider and undergo an independent psychological evaluation to identify any issues that might impact the success of surgery.
For your convenience, AtlantiCare has "Block Testing" available for the pre-op tests that you will need before your surgery. These tests can be performed at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, Atlantic City Campus during a single appointment, eliminating the need for you to make multiple appointments for each different test. Please click here for additional information. Before scheduling "Block Testing" it is strongly recommended that you contact your insurance company to find out if you have coverage for these tests at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center and also to find out what co-pays or co-insurance you will be responsible for.
5. Pre-operative Meetings
In preparation to undergo bariatric surgery, you will attend a series of meetings that will provide you with an understanding of the dietary and lifestyle changes that are essential for a successful outcome. These meetings include an appointment with a dietitian to review dietary instructions, an appointment with a psychologist to undergo a psychological assessment, and participation in one Support Group meeting.